On 02/11/11 08:48, Marco Paolini wrote:

> thanks for pointing that to me, do you see this as an issue to be fixed?
>
> If there is some interest, I might give it a try.
>
> Maybe it's not fixable, at least I can investigate a bit

Apparently, the protocol between the Postgres client and server only
does partial sends when using named cursors, which Django doesn't use.
Using named cursors with psycopg2 in certainly possible, but probably
not trivial. That's as much as I know.

Source:

http://thebuild.com/blog/2011/07/26/unbreaking-your-django-application/

The author of that page did say that he was working on a patch.

Luke

--
"The number you have dialled is imaginary.  Please rotate your
telephone by 90 degrees and try again."

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/