On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM, Anssi Kääriäinen
<anssi.kaariai...@thl.fi> wrote:
> On 3 syys, 07:40, Anssi Kääriäinen <anssi.kaariai...@thl.fi> wrote:
>> I would like to make the TransactionTestCase faster. Currently when
>> running Django's test suite, for every test ran you will truncate
>> around 1000 tables, then create around 4000 objects (permissions +
>> content types). Likely you will write to one or two tables in the
>> test, and then do the truncate/recreate dance again. There is room for
>> improvement. Track which tables have been modified and refresh only
>> those tables.
>
> I now have a pretty good WIP approach of tracking changes in testing.
> The changes can be found from here: [https://github.com/akaariai/
> django/tree/fast_tests_merged]. The approach relies on existing
> signals + a new "model_changed" signal, which is used to signal
> bulk_create and .update() changes, and could be used for raw SQL
> changes, too.
>
> The results are promising:
>   - PostgreSQL with selenium tests, master 33m4s, patched: 9m51s
>   - SQLite, no selenium tests, master: 7m35s, patched: 3m6s.

Well that is pretty damn awesome.  It also doesn't fix my problem.
Let's ignore my problem for now, though.  I'd like to look at the
diffs.  I doubt this is the real diff:
https://github.com/akaariai/django/compare/master...fast_tests_merged

What's the base branch for the fast_tests_merged comparison?