Hi,

so when reviewing https://github.com/django/django/pull/1490/ I once again
ran over an issue with our current caching implementation: Namely get_cache
creates a new instance every time which is kind of suboptimal if you don't
store it as module level variable like we do with the default cache. Are
there any objections to make get_cache store those instances in a dict and
return those on request? It shouldn't cause to much problems, since the
current cache infrastructure expects you that you can share those objects
over multiple threads and requests anyways [And for caches which don't
support it like pylibmc we use threadlocals…]. Changing how get_cache works
could significantly reduce connections to the cache server depending on how
your views/templates are written.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Florian