Hello,

I would like to propose providing a standard interface for NoSQL databases
. Some the points to consider are:

   1. The *Fields *which are used to define the schema of the sql databases
   can also be used to provide in No sql databases.
   2. In NoSQL dbs ,developers usually store data in denormalized form. so
   in two related collections a meta tag *denormal = True *can be provided.
   Which would make that collection a child of the other model ( related ). In
   normal scenario the collections will be connected using _id used as a
   foreign key.
   3. providing contrib.mongo with Field such as GridFSField for providing
   support for GridFS
   4. considering the database transaction transaction blocking ( PyMongo
   provides blocking api for mongo )
   5. creating Mixins such as *FlexibleMixin *which would allow Models to
   have dynamic fields. i.e directly insert fields which are not listed in the
   Model schema.

there are lot more things (Migrations, settings etc) to consider but before
that needed to know that I am going in the right direction or not?. Please
suggest.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/b2477318-9252-4241-a9fe-0972acb1b1cf%40googlegroups.com.