+1 for me, too...  this aligns with "safe/secure by default".

On 21/03/16 09:13, Aymeric Augustin wrote:
I agree with Karen.

--
Aymeric.

On 18 Mar 2016, at 22:15, Karen Tracey <kmtra...@gmail.com
<mailto:kmtra...@gmail.com>> wrote:

This is the 2nd major issue I can recall caused by MySQL default of
REPEATABLE READ transaction isolation level. I think Django should
simply switch itself to a default of using READ COMMITTED, consistent
with (all?) other supported database backends, and document how, if a
user really really wants to use REPEATABLE READ, they can do so (I
assume Django could allow that?), and what known problems when using
basic Django functions they may run into if they do so.

I fear our existing approach of documenting how certain functions
don't work by default on MySQL (e.g. get_or_create) is not really
helping the majority of our users. I believe switching instead to
making Django code itself work by default on MySQL would be a better
long-term solution for those who use MySQL with Django, and avoid
future cases like this one that has been discovered (years after we
knew get_or_create was broken by default transaction isolation level
on MySQL).

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Tim Graham <timogra...@gmail.com