On 17/05/2016 02:32, Josh Smeaton wrote:

I have the same problem when running tests in Django's test suite. When
there's a failure, I have to copy the test path, paste that, then copy
the failing test.

Now that you mention it, another improvement could be to compose a ready-to-copy-and-paste "url" for the output of failing tests. Instead of:

====================
ERROR: test_method_1 (mydjangoapp.app_one.tests.test_module.TestClass)
Test docstring
====================

we could tweak printErrorList() into something along the line of:

====================
ERROR: test_method_1 (mydjangoapp.app_one.tests.test_module.TestClass)
Test docstring
url: mydjangoapp.app_one.tests.test_module.TestClass.test_method_1
====================

Would you mind posting your patch somewhere? Reviewing code along with
the description and seeing potential for changes would be cool.

Sure, no problem.

http://paste.debian.net/686941/

It's somehow rough, I'm simply adding a new optional parameter to the Django Command that runs the tests; this parameter will force an iteration through the test suite and discard those methods whose name is not specified. I could not directly access the TestSuite objects to remove an item (which is funny since internally unittest.TestSuite uses a list).

It could be refactored somewhere else or improved like you suggested, provided some examples of what kind of globbing/regex you think it would be useful f.e. glob test methods only? Packages only? A dot separated syntax to specify both? Etc.

Concerning the suggestion of Ludovic of gathering the failing tests and re-run them, I agree that a dedicated tool like the juno-testrunner is better suited for the job.

Thanks for your comments.

Antonio

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/573B7196.6050902%40storiepvtride.it.