I haven't seen that proposal. This type of widget would be new territory
for django.forms as none of the existing widgets require JavaScript. I lean
toward keeping things that way, but I'm open to hearing counterarguments.
Historically, Django avoided "blessing" any particular JavaScript libraries.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/6d4ace0b-bfeb-4617-ab9f-78cf314727ab%40googlegroups.com.