Very much appreciate the Django framework.

I noticed in the docs
for Django 1.11 that the *DJANGO_LIVE_TEST_SERVER_ADDRESS* environmental
variable is slated to be removed, along with the accompanying
python test *--liveserver* option.  I'm concerned that without
the ability to specify a remote IP address using --liveserver, it will no
longer be possible to run functional tests using selenium against an
external server.  I learned this technique from Harry Percival's excellent
TDD with Python (see,
where the test command is called from the local machine but you pass in the
external IP.  Will there be a different way to do this in Django 1.11?
Perhaps the change to bind LiveserverTestCase to port zero by default can
be made while retaining the option to pass in --liveserver?  Realize the
release is a ways away but would appreciate any help as I've come to rely
on this method to test server deployments.  Thank you!

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at
For more options, visit