Very much appreciate the Django framework.

I noticed in the docs
<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/releases/1.11/#liveservertestcase-binds-to-port-zero>

for Django 1.11 that the *DJANGO_LIVE_TEST_SERVER_ADDRESS* environmental
variable is slated to be removed, along with the accompanying
python manage.py test *--liveserver* option.  I'm concerned that without
the ability to specify a remote IP address using --liveserver, it will no
longer be possible to run functional tests using selenium against an
external server.  I learned this technique from Harry Percival's excellent
TDD with Python (see
http://chimera.labs.oreilly.com/books/1234000000754/ch08.html#_configuring_domains_for_staging_and_live),

where the test command is called from the local machine but you pass in the
external IP.  Will there be a different way to do this in Django 1.11?
Perhaps the change to bind LiveserverTestCase to port zero by default can
be made while retaining the option to pass in --liveserver?  Realize the
release is a ways away but would appreciate any help as I've come to rely
on this method to test server deployments.  Thank you!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/50332f6d-8461-4aeb-aa83-59c7469093c1%40googlegroups.com.