On Thursday 01 December 2016 13:52:41 Aymeric Augustin wrote:

> I’m proposing a separate context manager because I’m worried about
> increasing again the complexity of transaction.atomic. There will be a
> significant amount of duplication between the two implementations, though.

I believe that making transaction.atomic more complex for this will be
inevitable, because the two will need to interact: If I'm in a TPC
transaction, and open an atomic block, it needs to be handled as part of the
TPC transaction. There are too many atomic blocks in the Django ecosystem,
including Django itself, to make the feature useful any other way.