Hey folks,

This is the first time I'm trying to contribute to Django. I am working on
ticket #27554 <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27554>.
In the comments, there was a link posted to "Bisecting the exact commit
that introduced the regression
<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/internals/contributing/triaging-tickets/#bisecting-a-regression>"

saying that it could be helpful. So I started going about it.

The problem is when I was running the test suite for the first time the
online docs said to run "./runtests.py" from inside the tests directory
which didn't work out for me but the README inside the tests directory said
to run
"PYTHONPATH=..:$PYTHONPATH ./runtests.py" which ran the tests.

So once I started bisecting every time I was going back I was running
 "PYTHONPATH=..:$PYTHONPATH ./runtests.py flattened-prefetch".
flattened-prefetch being the name of the directory where I've written my
tests. Once I reached where a commit where all tests were passing I tried
running
"git bisect run PYTHONPATH=..:$PYTHONPATH ./runtests.py flattened-prefetch"
and it's giving me the following error:

"running PYTHONPATH=../ tests/runtests.py flattened-prefetch
/usr/local/Cellar/git/2.4.6/libexec/git-core/git-bisect: line 440:
PYTHONPATH=../: No such file or directory"

yet it's still saying "bisect run success". Since it didn't find PYTHONPATH
so I'm guessing it's wrong?

Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/7785957f-927a-4c1f-a253-3d783468170d%40googlegroups.com.