>
>  aside from some very performance-sensitive websites that already worked
> around Django’s bugs


Tbf it's true I already added READ-COMMITTED at work

 I’d love if this fix made it into 1.10





On 13 January 2017 at 15:05, Aymeric Augustin <
aymeric.augustin.2...@polytechnique.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think there’s been little feedback because this issue is very, very far
> from the concerns of most Django users — aside from some very
> performance-sensitive websites that already worked around Django’s bugs and
> will add the configuration line needed to keep whatever the isolation level
> they chose.
>
> If I was trying to merge that change, I think I’d just document the
> backwards incompatibility and call it a day. But as everyone knows, I’m
> taking backwards compatibility less seriously than most.
>
> Given the uncertainty around the consequences of this change, I don’t
> think Shai’s approach is out of place, even though it creates an overhead
> for every Django project using MySQL.
>
> Since Shai is leading the effort and considering the general lack of
> feedback on this issue, I think it’s fair to let him make the final call
> and keep the deprecation path if he thinks that’s safer.
>
> Regardless, I’d love if this fix made it into 1.10, let’s not delay it
> because we’re worried of being too cautious :-)
>
> --
> Aymeric.
>
>
> On 13 Jan 2017, at 14:52, Tim Graham <timogra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I guess three days is too little time to get a consensus on this. At this
> point I'm thinking to defer this from 1.11.
>
> On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 9:50:27 AM UTC-5, Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
>>
>> To add some context, REPEATABLE READ can break get_or_create among other
>> things (not sure how many invalid tickets Django gets related to that).
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to django-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to django-developers@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-developers.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/
> msgid/django-developers/42212944-d7e7-4c33-8c34-
> 8e235a7d515a%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/42212944-d7e7-4c33-8c34-8e235a7d515a%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to django-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to django-developers@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-developers.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/
> msgid/django-developers/2D7B4E2A-30EF-4201-9272-
> C5430825E123%40polytechnique.org
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/2D7B4E2A-30EF-4201-9272-C5430825E123%40polytechnique.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>



-- 
Adam

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django developers  (Contributions to Django itself)" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to django-developers+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to django-developers@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/django-developers.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMyDDM0foRs-JguV9H838ry1GQTkwPsMrpjvhbCXS51b8P2siw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to