On 22/05/17 09:30, Tom Forbes wrote:
Hey Karl and Russell,
Thank you for your quick replies!

Russell:

You are of course right about the speed of the Python code itself being
a bottleneck and the usual suspects like the database are more important
to optimize. However I don't think it's necessarily always a waste of
time to explore optimizing some Python/django functions, if that only
means simply moving them to a separate file and running Cython on them
to get a speed boost.

Of course, I'm sure Russel won't object to be shown to be wrong, if you feel like giving it a go anyway :)

--
Curtis

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/50d4b757-ca93-66b6-c518-7ab0793e7646%40tinbrain.net.