>From my perspective, there's been little visibility into how things are
going with the other channels related official projects. Who are the other
maintainers there? I would present this question to those people (hopefully
there are some others by now?) rather than to the Django maintainers which
is who I think of when you say "Django core" (a term we're trying to
replace with "Technical team" and "Technical advisory team" [0]).
Organizationally, I think it could be nice if channels has its own
technical team rather than giving the impression that the Django
maintainers are also stewarding all other official projects.

[0] https://www.djangoproject.com/foundation/teams/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/6106d7df-da7c-403f-8ac7-164915096712%40googlegroups.com.