On 15/06/17 16:14, Aymeric Augustin wrote:
Hello,

The more files get generated to startapp, the more empty useless files
accrue in many projets, because devs don't take the time to delete those
they don't use.

Beat me to the punch... I agree the default template should be as light as possible.

Encouraging people to improve the structure of their Django code is
worthwhile but I don't believe the startapp template is the right medium
for that.

There's no reason we can't provide an "advanced" template in core, surely?

IMHO project/app templates are one of the least utilised features of Django, sadly.

It deserves more marketing :)

--
Curtis

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/9167ee89-f406-196b-28ec-5ba63ea1b049%40tinbrain.net.