    Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:40:08 -0800 (PST)
    From: Douglas Miranda <douglasmirandasi...@gmail.com>
 Subject: Re: Consider renaming `mark_safe` to `dangerously_trust_html` (etc)
To: "Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)" <django-developers@googlegroups.com>

Yes, people read *mark_safe* as *MAKE_safe*, I'm not sure yet, but I'm
liking the idea of *trust_html*, I feel like more developers will
understand what they're doing.

Maybe the docs could have more detailed notes about HTML inputs that you
want to mark them safe, one thing is trust "<span>" another is trust "{{
post.content }}". Rich text editors play a big part of beginner devs, a lot
of people start with Django and don't quite understand Python or Web
Security yet, that's just reality.

Django it is not to blame, but I think that's a small change with big
impact.