Den 12. aug. 2018 12:20, skrev Adam Johnson:
> You didn't pose an exact question in your message, but I guess it's
> "Can Django officially support XHTML5?"

Django has supported XHTML for years, so it came as a surprise to me
that Django 2.1 broke it. So it is more like "Can Django continue to
support XHTML, even for HTML5?". But the principle is the same.

> As it's a stricter subset of HTML5, it seems a valid idea. But at the
> same time, we need to be able to support it going forwards, with test
> coverage and knowledge that this is what we aim for on every PR that
> adds HTML. Also I doubt you'll find many third party packages support
> XHTML5 too.

I use a number of third party libraries, for my site that uses XHTML5. I
had to patch a few of them, but only small changes.

> You say there's more to be fixed that just reversing #29038
> <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29038>. What else is there?
> Would you be willing to do all the work?

I am willing to do the work. It is not much that need to be done. Just
some query-replace to change the generated HTML into valid XML.

Regards

--
Nils Fredrik Gjerull
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/d0645f61-836c-c908-98a9-b99dec62d5f6%40gjerull.net.