On 08/28/2018 08:33 PM, Tim Graham wrote:
Why is a new option needed? Why can't --keepdb be used for this use case?

Because that would be different behavior.

If you can convince me that using --keepdb is a solution, then I will use your argument to say that --keepdb should be on always.

What I'm looking to offer users is to create and clean up objects in the test DB, separate from create/drop test DB.

However, I want to do this in a way that doesn't weaken the existing protection for "Oops, we're trying to use a test DB that already exists... did you make a mistake? We don't want to trounce real data."

--
Curtis

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/a2f93f80-ff4d-9082-76c4-2f186a3b9a7a%40tinbrain.net.