Sorry, I still don't understand what "whitelisting the health check path" looks
like.

Here's the snippet for anyone reading the thread after the pastebin expires.

ALLOWED_HOSTS = ['ourdomain.com']EC2_PRIVATE_IP = Nonetry:  # AWS provided
magic service that returns metadata about the instance making the call
EC2_PRIVATE_IP =
requests.get('http://169.254.169.254/latest/meta-data/local-ipv4', timeout =
0.01).textexcept requests.exceptions.RequestException:  passif EC2_PRIVATE_IP:
ALLOWED_HOSTS.append(EC2_PRIVATE_IP)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/58003490-00cb-4b01-856b-a7672e3e3c13%40googlegroups.com.