We had a bit of a discussion of this on

Python 2 docs have got this re format():

> This method of string formatting is the new standard in Python 3, and
should be preferred to the % formatting described in String Formatting
Operations in new code.

​https://docs.python.org/2/library/stdtypes.html#str.format

But it's not there for Python 3 (
​https://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html#str.format) so I'm not
clear what we're meant to think.
(I had thought %-formatting deprecated...)

Anyone know?

Regardless, waiting a bit and moving straight to f-strings (as Simon
suggests) seems sensible. (If we're convinced we do want to change.)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/e7cf5b0d-cff4-4c6d-a9ec-1af4a82d5a56%40googlegroups.com.