I'm thinking if it wouldn't be nice if django automatically normalized
newlines of data entered by the user. The implementation would be really
simple, there's already a function for it in
django.utils.text.normalize_newlines, and it would go into
django.forms.fields.CharField.to_python the same as split() (maybe also
with an ivar for controlling the behavior, although I'm not sure if it's
needed). What do you think?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/98af1d0e-bc56-43db-988f-9ac083fd08f9%40googlegroups.com.