Vue.JS could be a candidate to create that. I am currently experimenting
in adding a plugin system to Django in form of an app "GDAPS" - Generic
Django App Plugin System, find it on PyPi/Gitlab. It's in a very, very
rude state at the beginning, and I am not an experienced developer.

But I'd like to try having Vue.js snippets distributed via Django
templates, and maybe variables connected automatically using a simple
REST or GraphQL interface.
I think using something "integrated" like Meteor is not the way Django
should go, as it is too "narrow" and does not allow separating the
server and client API - It's good to have an interface like REST or at
least channels which clients can consume.

But ATM it's very hard to do that without much boilerplate-coding. I
always wonder why anyone hasn't already done this.

GDAPS should be a plugin system in the first case, but I think that
having a (maybe also pluggable) frontend (like Vue, React, Angular,
Polymer etc.) there would be a good idea.

Maybe this is something completely different, but maybe you'll find some
common parts with your intentions - feel free to share ideas.

Christian

Am 21. November 2018 21:00:23 MEZ schrieb Andrew Godwin