Hi there,

I am considering rewriting and (hopefully) simplifying the CSRF middleware.
While looking through the code I realized that we put stuff into
request.META as well as attributes on the request object itself
(csrf_cookie_needs_reset) for instance. Is there any reason why we do not
stick to one format?

Or more generally put: When should middlewares write into META as opposed
to a attribute.

Cheers,
Florian

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/43f6d8da-c66c-4100-a6d6-e85d4cef3684%40googlegroups.com.