On Thursday, 17 January 2019 16:14:31 UTC+1, Collin Anderson wrote:

> One problem with any of the alternatives (besides making it readonly by
> default) is that it requires the other model to be registered in the admin

Off-hand I don't follow you here. Can you explain.

> I hope there's _something_ we can do to somehow improve the situation.
> Maybe we could at least improve the examples in the documentation? Maybe
> give an example in the docs of a ModelAdmin subclass that defaults to using
> raw_id?

An example definitely.

Maybe we could add an attribute to ModelAdmin with a number: More than this
use raw_id — but what would that look like?
(Easy subclass rather than a setting...)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/59493dc3-881e-4728-9f9d-d816195ac803%40googlegroups.com.