Hey Andrew.

I've been thinking a lot about this. You clearly shouldn't be maintaining
Channels single-handedly indefinitely.

On Thursday, 17 January 2019 19:07:06 UTC+1, Andrew Godwin wrote:

> Given that, if nobody else can step forward to take over, I'll have to put
> those three projects (Channels, channels-redis, and Daphne) into an
> explicit maintenance mode where they only accept security requests via the
> normal security@ route, and start the process of retiring them as active
> Django projects, as I don't want to give the impression they're still
> maintained if they're not.
>
> (note: the asgiref project is still fine and should probably move out of
> Django to its own effort at some point giving the growing set of ASGI tools)

I know Channels started out separately, but, it's time to think about what,
if anything of channels, is to be brought into core, or become THE WAY we
do things or... Yes, we need more hands, but there's a bunch of people who
can help out, and at least part of the problem is your out there in the
wings by yourself (with not much visibility.)

Q: How does Channels fit into the "Django Async Roadmap"?

To the extent that it does, I think there's a case for asking the board and
the DSF more widely to throw everything we've got behind making sure it's
properly resourced.

Once I recover a bit from the burnout I'll be able to come back and help
> with the really complex bugs; the main thing I need out of is the seemingly
> endless support requests and weird WebSocket client bugs.

I presume you DON'T offer support on the issue tracker, and point people to
other channels? I'd be happy to "straight-bat" obvious tickets away.
(Michael's offer to recieve is valuable there.)

"...and weird WebSocket client bugs."

Can I ask you to explain what you mean there? (Point to a ticket maybe.)
What kind of query do you get? Is there a particular knack to working out
if it's a valid bug or not? (Or is it apparent?)

Thanks for all you work here. Legend. ­čÖé

Kind Regards,

Carlton

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/68626427-d97d-4053-8836-5382483f63af%40googlegroups.com.