I'd be happy to help mentor a cross-DB JSONField, it's something I'd like
to see done so I can deprecate the one I maintain in Django-MySQL.

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 14:43, Carlton Gibson <carlton.gib...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Perhaps it's partly the GSoC doesn't cross the radar until just a few
> weeks before the deadline... 🙃
>
> I'm happy to help mentor but also Django Core Mentorship is there...
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/django-core-mentorship
>

> One idea for a good project might be adding a cross DB JSONField as per
> this thread
>

> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/django-developers/zfred27yVPg/discussion
>
> * All the supported DBs have native JSON support.
> * SQLite is the only one where we don't have a Django model field already
> to work on.
>    * That would be first step as PoC I'd guess.
> * Then, how can we unify?
> * And, a migration path (from contrib.postgres)
>
> I don't know if that's perfect but it strikes me as eminently do-able.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/32637936-6241-43f6-bbbf-469f57d3d371%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/32637936-6241-43f6-bbbf-469f57d3d371%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Adam

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAMyDDM345HrY0m71On3AgGOvvhEDPeXPPtLQk3rJyS4pWn79hw%40mail.gmail.com.