On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 8:27 PM James Bennett <ubernost...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My immediate thought here is: if people already aren't taking the time to
> patch using the existing mechanism, they also aren't going to take the time
> to opt out of patching. So what you're proposing is effectively still "any
> accessed header patches Vary". And that seems like it's as bad as the
> problem it's trying to solve.

The people who do take the time to patch the Vary header probably can
easily adapt to the new mechanism, its the people who don't take the time
to do this that we can help with such a feature.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAFzonYafego8WvaQNss46%3DeeSsdvxFKa%2B-F-4-Dzj7guz5Kqmw%40mail.gmail.com.