Hello Collin,

Il 11/02/19 17:35, Collin Anderson ha scritto:
So would you "defer" the other columns like "only()"?

Yeah, something like that

If nothing else, you could try using .annotate(F('author__hometown')) (not
sure if that works) or .values('author__hometown') to just get the values
you need.

Sure but the query would be everything but readable :)
The point of a parameter to select_related would be to avoid to type explicitly fields not in select_related and the one in select_related twice.

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 5:50 AM Riccardo Magliocchetti <