Hi all

to elaborate on what Tobias said: we deliberately have the infrastructure
spread across multiple service providers: DNS registry, nameservers, hosting,
TLS certificate authority, … None of them have access to everything. The reason
is that we offer the download of the release artifacts from the
djangoproject.com website. And we would like to ensure that the TLS termination
happens by us and not some random service provider. After all, Django is used
by enterprises that do have some restrictions on where you're allowed to
download software from.

By handing over DNS to some CDN provider, we loose the ability to ensure that
happens.

That said, if there's a CDN that works as a reverse proxy and doesn't require
us to hand over control of DNS, I guess we could be interested in moving the
docs behind that.

/Markus

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/fbb5c67a-8803-43ce-8fe3-ee6f42251d8a%40www.fastmail.com.