Hi Sage.

Thanks for the proposal. It's looking OK. Couple of points:

   - There IS an Oracle implementation. See the ticket here:
   https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29821
   - Something that looks like an ArrayField, yes. HStore... not so sure
   it's worth mimicking.
   - On the timeline: I think you've spread the coding bit too thin and not
   allocated enough for Documenting.
      - I think you if you want full-guns at the SQLite PoC in week 1 and 2
      you'd have something in place quite quickly.
         - The base field should be simple enoughâ„¢
         - The SQLite only lookups shouldn't be too complicated.
      - As I commented on the other thread on this topic, we'll need to
      advise on getting people set up with SQLite with the JSON extension.
      - There's more in this that you think I'd guess. No harm in putting
         time in the schedule for it.
      - Allow for the possibility you complete early and have time to work
      on other things...
      - This stuff is difficult to get right. It's more balance that exact
      times:
         - The actual timeline won't match the plan ever.
         - you don't need to worry about two days off for holiday 🙂

Your contributions so far have been super. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Carlton

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/622f8f17-3d52-4ca8-864a-baaa064d1485%40googlegroups.com.