Hi,

On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 8:06:21 PM UTC+2, Johannes Hoppe wrote:

> I went with the hardest possible way, NO password, NO username. Just one
> time passwords send via email or SMS. Similar to Django’s password reset
> function.

I do not think that is the hardest possible way and as your code shows it
is quite easy. I think the goal here should be to allow second factor
authentication via webauth etc -- ie anything that is multistep. I am not
surprised that email login works easily, it is a single step process after
all…

I published my work just now, https://django-mail-auth.rtfd.io. I would
> recommend to have a look at the custom EmailUser
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcodingjoe%2Fdjango-mail-auth%2Fblob%2F0.1.2%2Fmailauth%2Fcontrib%2Fuser%2Fmodels.py&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGFXMLGH8DyIlqee-w3_1gFmCp0xQ>
>  that
> I built. There are a couple of functions and fields that need to be
> overridden. BUT to my surprise even the management command
> “createsuperuser” worked.

You could have reused https://github.com/aaugustin/django-sesame for the
signing stuff :)

Cheers,