On 4/14/19 8:02 PM, Florian Apolloner wrote:
Hi,

while your arguments for adding `.one` are all good and well, I think adding yet another function will add quite some confusion and will make arguing harder imo. As a middleground I could imagine adding an `ordered=True/False` argument to first to turn off ordering as needed. This will also make it easier to argue about it in the docs I think. Would that work?

I was thinking the same for most of this thread... I would just bike-shed it as, for instance "ensure_ordering=False" or "stable_order=False" so you more clearly know what you're asking for.

--
Curtis

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/ffc53023-83d5-b31d-c77e-96b403f69b5a%40tinbrain.net.