I'd like to propose moving Django issues to github and make a real decision
on it here in this thread. If there has been a recent discussion on this I
apologize, but searching for issue tracking / github links to about every
thread ever posted here.

I believe this would lower the barrier to entry and to help promote
community involvement. People are already there, people already use it, and
we already do pull requests there. Now I could be wrong here, but I also
feel that it would improve and promote discussion about changes and feature
additions to Django, because right now they are pretty hidden away in the
current system.

I'd also like to see the inclusion of a "discussion" label or similar for
issues. I think many of the conversations here on this forum would be much
better off as github issues. I see a lot of great stuff, and it's not clear
at all what the status is, has it moved forward, been officially denied?
etc. If they are github issues they will have definitive resolutions,
whatever it may be, and links to relevant code, PR's etc if needed.

I think there is a huge amount to gain by consolidating the ticket system
and many of the discussions on this forum into github's issue tracker. I
don't see any reason why it wouldn't be wroth the effort, and we only have
much to gain as a community from it. But that's just my 2 cents. I'd love
to hear what others think, for or against it.

John