Just on this point:

> I agree with Andrew Godwins statement on Django loosing many contributors
over the years and being in largely maintenance mode.

First, I'm not sure Andrew actually said this. Rather I think he reported
is a point raised. However...

I hear this kind of thing said. It ties-in with the "Django is boring"
trope, when that's not meant as a compliment.

I think it couldn't be further from the truth.

Yes, these ain't the wild west days of yore. (Granted)

But Django has successfully transitioned (with large thanks to the effort
Tim Graham put in as Fellow over that time) from young to mature and it
still growing.

Even if you take out your favourite headline feature — don't say it :) —
v3.0 is going to be an awesome release. 2.2 was too. And 2.1. And it's
continuing forward.

I wish we'd drop negative self-talk. It lowers morale and isn't even
correct. Django is in great shape, and only getting stronger.

Could we do with more contributors? Yes. So let's do what we can to make
that better.

I think of the effort to move from Trac. Maybe it's worth it... But I think
of the same effort spent improving djangoproject.com, and the How to
contribute guides (I think Tobias said the Contributing docs are
X-thousands of words—all great but not necessarily that approachable), and
so on, and I wonder if it's the best ROI? (That's a genuinely open
question: DRF uses GitHub issues I don't see it leading to any more
engagement there...)

Go Django Go! 🙂

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/c27f0492-97a2-490e-b950-93ecd38b4008%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... John Gooding
    • ... Aymeric Augustin
      • ... John Gooding
        • ... Josh Smeaton
          • ... Carlton Gibson
            • ... Andrew Godwin
              • ... John Gooding
    • ... John Gooding
      • ... Carlton Gibson
        • ... Tim Graham
          • ... William Vincent
            • ... '1337 Shadow Hacker' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)