I'm not necessarily opposed to this, but I am a bit skeptical of the
long-term archival utility of forums, in large part due to my experience as
a moderator of some decent-sized ones. I think making them useful for that
purpose is going to require about the same level of manual curation as,
say, the wiki on code.djangoproject.com does now.