Hi Pelumi,

It's kind of you to offer code, however there is a similar functionality in
contrib.humanize:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/4.1/ref/contrib/humanize/#naturaltime

Perhaps this does what you require?

--
David

On Fri, 9 Sept 2022 at 23:50, Bhuvnesh Sharma <bhuvnesh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> if you are using templates then you can simply write:

> where created is a field of message storing the date and time when the
> message was created.
>
> created =  models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True)
>

> On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 7:11:00 PM UTC+5:30 pmicha...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
>> Hello. I was developing an instagram clone website but got a problem when
>> I wanted to add timing to the post, timing like "2 minutes ago", "just now"
>> etc. I searched through the internet I couldn't get the right solution (I
>> don't know if there is solution for it yet). Then I decided to go on a
>> journey of solving the problem myself, which I did and I will like to share
>> the codes with the community for review and improvements (if any). I have
>> no idea where to do that, I will love to get a reply soon because I cannot
>> wait to contribute to django. I am also ready to give full detail of the
>> code and how to use.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/664a2283-be6d-49db-9316-7940b013297fn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/664a2283-be6d-49db-9316-7940b013297fn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CADyZw-7Vq%3DMoJhWVtMsrCD99a%3D_82P4xrT3xqQx6PzF8rqYSMA%40mail.gmail.com.
  • Dja... Pelumi Michael
    • ... Bhuvnesh Sharma
      • ... 'Adam Johnson' via Django developers (Contributions to Django itself)
      • ... David Sanders
        • ... Abbos Hakimov
        • ... Pelumi Michael
          • ... Abbos Hakimov