The JS doesn't empty that block as far as I am aware (you can verify this
by just disabling JS to confirm).

I would bet that the issue is with your templates - i.e., something is not
right with the template structure or content. It's hard to help you more
without seeing the templates though. What you have posted below incomplete
and has a number of errors which make it hard to follow (e..g,
.layout2_html vs  layout2_col vs layout_2_col.html - only the last of these
is used by Oscar).

--
https://github.com/tangentlabs/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/