At this point I’m still convinced it’s an issue on client side either by
sending proper declared JSON but containing the null string instead of the null
value itself or because it’s sent as x-www-form-urlencoded (easy to fall into
that issue).
If you think it’s a DRF bug, you should start writing a test case to
demonstrate the issue.

Regards,
Xavier Ordoquy,
Linovia.