Hey,

For some weirdly specific reason that's probably not worth going into here,
I'd like to add a button next to the "POST" button on the HTML form at the
bottom of the list view HTML (for slightly more detail, I'd like to enable
my users to test their input on a set of sample data to give them more
information about how their data will impact the system).

https://github.com/encode/django-rest-framework/blob/master/rest_framework/templates/rest_framework/base.html#L185

Unfortunately, in order to do that, I think I would need to write a custom
template pack that contains a "base.html", which ends up with a great deal
of copy/paste happening (except for the button I add, the rest of
"base.html" is fine).

I was thinking of how this might be slightly easier if the form itself was
abstracted into a template, something like "html_form.html", which was then
referenced in "base.html".  That way, a template pack could only contain
the form layout, and base.html would use the custom template pack's form
layout instead of the default one.

Could this work?  Does this go against the purpose of DRF HTML templates?
Am I thinking about this all wrong?

Thanks,
Charles Dimino