Thanks for the reply Norbert. I did see that page, where would the csrftoken
cookie come from in this case though? Since I'm injecting my JavaScript
onto a page hosted on a separate domain, there's no csrftoken cookie set
there.

I came across this post on Stackoverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30871033/django-rest-framework-remove-csrf

Is that what I need to do here?