Hello,

I've been writing a few NestedSerializers lately, and coming across as
having too much unnecessary boilerplate. I think there's an opportunity to
streamline in a way to serves almost the same use case, but vastly
simplified.
Best demonstrated with an example:

Suppose I have the following 2 models

class ContactDetails(models.Model):
    person = models.OneToOneField(Person)
    email = models.CharField()

class Person(models.Model):
    first_name = models.CharField()
    last_name = models.CharField()

Currently, if I want an API that can edit the person's email, i need to
write a PersonSerializer, a ContactDetailsSerializer and link them using a
NestedSerializer. I see a much simpler way of implementing this, using
conventions that django developers are already familiar with. Something
like this:

class PersonSerializer(serializers.ModelSerializer):
    class Meta:
        model = Person
        fields = ('id', 'first_name', 'last_name', 'contactdetails__email')

Has this been considered and discarded for some reason? I would love to dig
into it and see if there's a way to get a lot of the benefit here to
address simple use cases into a third-party package.

Thoughts?

Best,
LS