#27943: Unable to log in with added superuser account
-------------------------------------------+------------------------
Reporter: JonathanHayward | Owner: nobody
Type: Uncategorized | Status: new
Component: contrib.admin | Version: 1.10
Severity: Release blocker | Keywords:
Triage Stage: Unreviewed | Has patch: 0
Needs documentation: 0 | Needs tests: 0
Patch needs improvement: 0 | Easy pickings: 0
UI/UX: 0 |
-------------------------------------------+------------------------
While I can submit the login form, I don't seem to really seem to be able
to log in. Every time I've entered my credentials I've been redirected to
a Django admin login page, with the URL varying somewhat. I know it's
treacherously easy to mistype a long password, but when I was getting
login failures I used copy-and-paste to assign the same password as I was
trying to log into again. So while mistyping a password is an easy trap to
get stuck in, I adapted by trying an approach where the reassigned user
password is the same pasted password as in trying to log in.
I tried manually entering the first and last character to eliminate the
possibility of including unwanted whitespace, but it still doesn't work.
Django has claimed incorrect login details for every administrative set of
credentials I've offered. (I've also used python manage.py shell to
confirm that the username for the superuser is what I thought it was:
admin.
What if anything do I need to be able to log in to an administrative
account, created by python manage.py createsuperuser? So far, for all my
efforts, I have not seen the admin interface for this product yet.
--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/27943>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/058.663cad900d93630d06f1633107acee70%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.