#28347: Adding custom attributes to django model field
-----------------------------------------+------------------------
               Reporter:  Tom Turner     |          Owner:  nobody
                   Type:  Uncategorized  |         Status:  new
              Component:  Uncategorized  |        Version:  1.11
               Severity:  Normal         |       Keywords:
           Triage Stage:  Unreviewed     |      Has patch:  0
    Needs documentation:  0              |    Needs tests:  0
Patch needs improvement:  0              |  Easy pickings:  0
                  UI/UX:  0              |
-----------------------------------------+------------------------
 I want to add a custom attributes to a Django model field


 {{{
 name = models.CharField(max_length=255, **data_merge=True**)
 }}}


 I want to do this so i can loop round my fields and see if this field is
 set.

 {{{
         for field in Project._meta.get_fields(include_parents=False,
 include_hidden=False):
             if field.extra_info.data_merge:
                    // do something here
 }}}

 I haven't been the first to ask for this see
 [https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20679057/adding-custom-attributes-to-
 django-model-field]

 If you accept this enhancement I am happy to write a patch, test and
 documentation. Please let me know.

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28347>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/052.94bd91b97501357c30d217067abe0ef4%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to