#28402: Provide 'temporary_file_path' for InMemoryUploadedFile
------------------------------------------+------------------------
               Reporter:  Thomas Güttler  |          Owner:  nobody
                   Type:  Uncategorized   |         Status:  new
              Component:  Uncategorized   |        Version:  1.11
               Severity:  Normal          |       Keywords:
           Triage Stage:  Unreviewed      |      Has patch:  0
    Needs documentation:  0               |    Needs tests:  0
Patch needs improvement:  0               |  Easy pickings:  0
                  UI/UX:  0               |
------------------------------------------+------------------------
 I was hit by this exception:

 > AttributeError: 'InMemoryUploadedFile' object has no attribute
 'temporary_file_path'

 The bad thing: It was in production, this was not detected by our CI .

 Next thing I did: I implemented a method which provided my something
 similar to `temporary_file_path`.

 Why not provide a property `temporary_file_path` for
 `InMemoryUploadedFile`.

 I think this way you have the advantage of both: No file on disk if you
 don't want to and a file on disk if you want it.

 What do you think?

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28402>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/050.dec797ea6566373b5c3a84f85b026b51%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to