#14357: Prevent innapropriate order-based grouping on values+annotate queries
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Martin Chase         |                    Owner:  (none)
         Type:  Bug                  |                   Status:  new
    Component:  Database layer       |                  Version:
  (models, ORM)                      |
     Severity:  Normal               |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                       |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
    Has patch:  1                    |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  0                    |  Patch needs improvement:  1
Easy pickings:  0                    |                    UI/UX:  0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Comment (by felixxm):

 I totally agree with Simon. In my opinion we shouldn't automatically add
 `model.Meta.ordering` to `values()`, `values_list()` and `distinct()`. I
 remember that a few years I lost a lot of time when I tried to figure out
 why the result wasn't what I expected.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/14357#comment:12>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/070.6f342e32e89baf646e6d9c4509fff7e8%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to