#28677: on_delete is a required positional argument for ForeignKeys, even in
migrations
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
               Reporter:  Christian  |          Owner:  nobody
  Kreuzberger                        |
                   Type:  Bug        |         Status:  new
              Component:             |        Version:  2.0
  Migrations                         |       Keywords:  migration
               Severity:  Normal     |  foreignkey on_delete
           Triage Stage:             |      Has patch:  0
  Unreviewed                         |
    Needs documentation:  0          |    Needs tests:  0
Patch needs improvement:  0          |  Easy pickings:  0
                  UI/UX:  0          |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Hi!

 With version 2.0 you added `on_delete` as a required argument for
 ForeignKeys. This seems to also be true for existing migrations of pre-2.0
 projects.
 For instance, I attached a migration that I created last year with (i
 think) Django 1.8. This migration now fails with the following error
 (e.g., when running `python manage.py check`):


 {{{
   File
 
"/home/user/projects/user_foreign_key_testapp/polls/migrations/0005_auto_20160414_1351.py",
 line 7, in <module>
     class Migration(migrations.Migration):
   File
 
"/home/user/projects/user_foreign_key_testapp/polls/migrations/0005_auto_20160414_1351.py",
 line 17, in Migration
     field=models.ForeignKey(related_name='choices', verbose_name=b'Which
 poll?', to='polls.Poll'),
 TypeError: __init__() missing 1 required positional argument: 'on_delete'
 }}}

 I believe that I should not have to change all my existing migrations for
 all my projects, and therefore on_delete should not be required for those
 migrations.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28677>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/059.f869c8f5630a897c6898a430280fa8bf%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to