#28679: urlencode does not decode bytes before passing them to Python's
urlencode
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Reporter: François Freitag | Owner: François
| Freitag
Type: Bug | Status: assigned
Component: Utilities | Version: 2.0
Severity: Release blocker | Resolution:
Keywords: urlencode bytes | Triage Stage: Accepted
Has patch: 1 | Needs documentation: 0
Needs tests: 0 | Patch needs improvement: 0
Easy pickings: 0 | UI/UX: 0
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Comment (by Claude Paroz):
Replying to [comment:4 Jon Dufresne]:
> What is the use case for passing bytes to `urlencode()`?
I had the same question initially. But then I saw that Python 3
`urlencode` was also mentioning `bytes` as possible input, so I guess
there are valid use cases for that.
--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28679#comment:6>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/073.43251f9f7dacc2f0fa2c636aff710f56%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.