#28702: Field.db_type, Field.get_internal_type() and postgresql ::citext
----------------------------------+------------------------------------
     Reporter:  Дилян Палаузов    |                    Owner:  (none)
         Type:  Uncategorized     |                   Status:  new
    Component:  contrib.postgres  |                  Version:  1.11
     Severity:  Normal            |               Resolution:
     Keywords:                    |             Triage Stage:  Accepted
    Has patch:  1                 |      Needs documentation:  0
  Needs tests:  1                 |  Patch needs improvement:  0
Easy pickings:  0                 |                    UI/UX:  0
----------------------------------+------------------------------------
Changes (by Mads Jensen):

 * stage:  Unreviewed => Accepted


Comment:

 I think the change is necessary to make. The fact that `citext` doesn't
 behave like described in PostgreSQL's documentation is a flaw in the
 original implementation. I'm not sure about the "Backwards compatibility"
 concerns, but haven't other features been bug-fixed in minor releases as
 well, which would qualify for this as well?

 I checked the query for `array_field__contains=['joe']` which is casted
 correctly.

-- 
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/28702#comment:3>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/072.bec0feb02ce45fe1cfef2681fbd7e819%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to