#29082: Make the test client automatically encode JSON data
--------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Reporter: Nick Sarbicki | Owner: nobody
Type: Cleanup/optimization | Status: new
Component: Testing framework | Version: 2.0
Severity: Normal | Resolution:
Keywords: | Triage Stage: Accepted
Has patch: 1 | Needs documentation: 0
Needs tests: 0 | Patch needs improvement: 1
Easy pickings: 0 | UI/UX: 0
--------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Comment (by Nick Sarbicki):
I agree, and I like the property idea a lot more - good idea.
However, I'm not a fan of changing properties after instantiation.
So I'm going to put it as an `__init__` kwarg. Still have the option of
changing it post instantiation but you can do it in one line if you want.
{{{
factory = test.RequestFactory(json_encoder=MyCustomEncoder)
req = factory.post('/', content_type='application/json', ...)
}}}
--
Ticket URL: <https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/29082#comment:17>
Django <https://code.djangoproject.com/>
The Web framework for perfectionists with deadlines.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Django updates" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-updates/064.f905d0c3757ec700647727b3d81402c7%40djangoproject.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.