Hello,

I have an item_type table which allows the user to add new types of
items himself. Problem is that except the basic properties that are
included in the item table, he might need to define item specific ones
(properties).

I discussed it a bit with a friend and talked about adding an extra
field on the item_type table (varchar field) to define new properties
in a dictionary form of key value pairs,

ie. "newprop1=value1;newprop2=value2".

I'm not sure if this is considered good practice when using the django
framework, and in the end, will I be able to provide an admin interface
for this kind of field, specialized to that specific pattern?

Also any other suggestion for that kind of issue would be appreciated,

Thanks.