> You can set the environment variable at the top of your scripts by
> importing the Python os module, just like you can import sys and set
> sys.path.

Thanks, I added this and it works fine:

os.environ['DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE'] = 'data.settings'

> The Python datetime and time modules are huge resources.  In this case
> you want time.strptime() to parse an arbitrary time format into a tuple
> and then you can use that tuple to create a datetime.date object which
> you can directly assign to the DateField.

I had already done that - I was hoping I could tell the DateField what
format it should expect the date in when it parses it via html2python.
Something like:

myDateField.inputFormats = ['%d-%b-%y', '%m/%d/%y']

and then when I call html2python on it (indirectly via the manipulator)
it will try each of those until it gets a valid date back. Right now,
DateField is hardwired to use '%Y-%m-%d', so I'm pre-converting all
date fields before I send the row from the file to the manipulator.
Like I said, its a small detail, just the one place where I my
parser/loader needs to be aware of the type of columns and I was hoping
to eliminate that.

Thanks,
-Dave